(Page 2 of 3)
9. Head of Risk, Financial Services -– Think of forensics as the FBI digging around for answers.
10. Global Head of Salesforce .com Implementation -– If you haven't looked at Salesforce.com, you have missed the biggest trend of the past decade in the technology and customer management space.
11. Director of Energy –- For every company, energy is a challenge. Although many companies have used the title, Director of Sustainability, today, sustainability is just a piece of the challenge.
12. Head of MMOG –- Massively Multiplayer Online Games (MMOG) offer the chance for new businesses and even new industries to leverage social connections into a viral eruption of digital e-Commerce sales.
Not So Hot IT Jobs
1. CIO, Investment Bank - When Goldman Sachs fumbles, clearly the return of glory days isn't just around the corner.
2, VP/SVP of Desktop Support Services -- This role is increasingly being automated or even outsourced.
3. VP/Director of Software Development, Systems Integrator -- These jobs still exist, but you may have to work and live in India or Eastern Europe to play in this space.
4. Chief Technology Architect, Government Agency -- These organizations have needs
for people like this, but no architect with his or her head screwed on right would take a 'creative' role in non-creative, bureaucratic culture.
5. CEO, PC Hardware Manufacturer -- This is a good news, bad news story. The good
news is that these are large businesses. The bad news is these are declining businesses with razor thin margins. (continued...)