HELIOS Software ships Virtual Server Appliance -- Virtual File Server solution for Mac, Windows and Web clients, offers easy deployment in VMWare ESX Server, Citrix XenServer, and Microsoft Hyper-V 2008 environments.
HELIOS Software GmbH released today its Virtual Server Appliance, a turnkey file server solution for Mac, Windows and Web clients.
The easy-to-deploy VM server images run within the major VM environments: VMWare ESX Server, Citrix XenServer, and Microsoft Hyper-V. Incorporating an optimized Linux runtime, the HELIOS Virtual Server Appliance file server solution includes HELIOS EtherShare UB2, PCShare UB2, and WebShare UB2, which are ready to use within minutes.
"Virtualized servers offer huge advantages including reduced IT costs, isolation of services and energy savings," explained Helmut Tschemernjak, CEO of HELIOS Software GmbH. "Customers can deploy a full-featured, high performance and secure file server on any major VM environment within minutes. No special knowledge of the underlying operating system is required."
The included Linux runtime is highly optimized for the HELIOS file server products. A special configuration assistant enables easy integration with any existing network environment within minutes, with no need to install software on the clients.
Features of the HELIOS Virtual Server Appliance include:
• Mac file server with AFP 3.3, Bonjour TCP printing, Time Machine backups, Spotlight searches
• Windows file server with SMB/CIFS file and print services, Spotlight searches
• Web file server with list and gallery views, zoomable image and document previews, performance optimized file up- and downloads, Spotlight searches
• Authentication server with LDAP, AD/PDC and NIS integration support
• DHCP main and backup server for fast and easy-to-use client connections
• Remote administration from any Mac, Windows, or UNIX clients
• Integrated Logical Volume Manager supports:
- Multiple disks per volume
- Multiple file system snapshots for backups
- On-the-fly volume resizing without service downtime
• Easy server & storage setup via HELIOS Configuration Assistant
Further information is available on the HELIOS web site: www.helios.de. Videos demonstrating installation and configuration can be viewed at www.helios.de/videos, and the manual at www.helios.de/manuals.